The Research Assistant is a company informer. They provide all types of data, information and analysis needed by the business to work effectively across a variety of partners, clients and stakeholders.
Working within the CR Research team, you will organise, set up, collect, process and put together audience and market research drawn from a variety of sources, analysing raw data to reveal patterns and insights, presenting findings in a useful, accurate and easy to digest way.
Position: Research Assistant
Term: 6 months fixed-term maternity cover.
Hours: Full time 35 hours per week over 7 days as required (largely office hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday although flexible in relation to business demands).
Closing Date: Noon Thursday 24th August 2017
- Knowledge and hands on experience of working with database systems, data visualisation and/or mapping tools e.g. qualitative analysis packages, SNAP (or other online survey software) social media/online analytics (Google Analytics).
- Ability to use and analyse data and social media metrics –with numerical confidence, accuracy and rigour.
- Hands on planning, organisation and management of primary research initiatives, such as (telephone interviews, paper and online surveys, focus groups, depth interviews, on-street surveys), and/or sourcing market and trend information derived from other secondary sources.
- Highly capable of presenting clear and concise results in an engaging format.
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy.
- Demonstrable accuracy of data entry and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work within rigorous research and project management protocols.
- Good administrative and organisational skills –ability to set and meet own deadlines.
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload across a number of concurrent and/or different projects and demands, in a busy service focused environment.
- Advanced skills in Word and Excel and experience of MS Access (or other database package), PowerPoint, email and internet use.
- Social media user.
- An interest and enthusiasm for culture and the creative industries, communications, research and social media -commitment to the values and ethos of Culture Republic.
- Creative, “can do” attitude to problem solving and goal orientation -ambitious and eager to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good communicator and creative thinker.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations calmly and effectively –you must be able to remain calm in response to the pressure of work deadlines and provide excellent, friendly service.
- A willingness to work flexibly.
- An understanding and commitment to equality and diversity principles and best practice.