The Researcher delivers insights drawn from market data, primary and secondary research, social media metrics and a broad understanding of the cultural and creative sector.
The Researcher has the principal responsibility for delivery of research consultancies. They share responsibility with the overall team for the design, implementation and management of consultancies and working relationships in response to client, partner and stakeholder demand.
Additionally they assume overall responsibility for the management and development of Culture Republic’s core data assets.
The Researcher builds excellent customer relationships by delivering industry standard research practice that meets the need of our Partners, Clients and Stakeholders. They achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, repeat business and positive advocacy for our mission and goals.
Hours: Full time 35 hours per week over 7 days as required (largely office hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday although flexible in relation to business demands).
Closing Date: Noon Friday 25th August 2017
1. Research methods and market analysis
Applying a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods to assess market trends, customer behaviour, levels of engagement, customer experience and marketing impacts.
2. Market data
Delivery of on-going extraction and use of transactional box office data (using Purple Seven’s Vital Statistics software) – including data input, integrity and manipulation, the collation of data reports, analysis and interpretation, report writing and dissemination/presentation of findings.
The production, collation and reporting on social media and website analytics.
3. Market development
Support for the preparation, write up and delivery of research proposals in response to tender documents, projects or consultancies.Summarising, illustrating and presenting findings in accessible and understandable ways.
Individual responsibility for the delivery of assigned research projects and initiatives to strict deadlines.
Servicing internal and external requests for market research data, information, digital content and publications.
Undertaking any other duties as reasonably required by the company to support evolving project, consultancy and business development objectives.
1. 3-5 years of practical experience in a market research environment, preferably an agency environment
2. Planning, organisation and delivery of qualitative and quantitative research including questionnaire design, telephone interviews, paper and online surveys, focus groups, depth interviews and on-street surveys, dealing directly with fieldwork companies and community organisations.
3. Deriving market and trend information derived from secondary research sources
4. Project managing a range of research consultancy projects including sub-contracting elements to external suppliers and consultants.
5. Management of consultancy budgets in relation to overall company financials
6. Analysing research findings, writing and collating reports – working with colleagues and external consultants to ensure that findings, conclusions and recommendations are robust, statistically accurate and provide maximum benefit to Partners and clients
7. Using and analysing database information and/or social media metrics – numerical confidence, accuracy and rigour.
8. Using specialist software packages e.g. qualitative analysis, online survey software, online analytics (Google Analytics) and data visualisation tools.
9. Using geo-demographic/market segmentation classification systems software (such as Mosaic)
10. Understanding data protection legislation and how to embed this into research and marketing practice.
1. A high degree of numeracy and literacy accuracy and an acute attention to detail
2. Knowledge and practice of statistics and sampling within a research context to use statistical techniques in research and social media analysis e.g. statistical reliability, sample sizes, significance testing and survey weighting
3. Excellent PC skills including essential advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience of MS Access, SPSSX or other database package use.
4. Web and social media savvy
5. Ability to interpret research findings, distil key messages to communicate clearly and with confidence adapting styles of communication to the needs of a diverse audiences
1. A strong interest in the arts, culture and creative industries
2. Proactive, energetic personality; inquiring, investigative mind
3. A creative “can do” attitude to problem solving and goal orientation
4. An understanding and commitment to equality and diversity principles and best practice
5. Ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload across a number of concurrent and/or different projects and demands, in a busy service focussed environment
6. High levels of customer service, professionalism, and an organised and thorough approach, with close attention to detail
7. Able to work well within and across teams, as well as working autonomously
8. Ability to adapt and improvise within time and resource constraints of our Partners and Stakeholders
9. Commitment to the values and ethos of Culture Republic