Access All Areas
Culture Republic’s Access All Areas Conference took place in Edinburgh on 29 October 2015. The day explored some of the resources that are available to help artists, leaders and marketers connect more effectively with the diverse groups represented in our local communities.
The driving idea behind the conference was to show that when cultural leaders, artists and entrepreneurs act in the interests of everyone, creative inspiration and engagement grows.
Some video from the conference sessions is now available for delegates to revisit and for those who weren’t able to attend to benefit from the archived content. The day’s full agenda is below. Where video is available, this will appear as a hyperlink.
- Welcome from Culture Republic Director Julie Tait and conference Chair Kirsty Wark
- David Goodhart – Setting the Scene
- Julia Middleton – Introducing Cultural Intelligence
- Cabinet Secretary Fiona Hyslop – Scottish Government’s perspective on culture and public engagement
- Q &A with David Goodhart & Julia Middleton
- Kerry Michael – Equality, Access and Inclusion is good for business
- Maria Balshaw – on building partnerships for sustainability
- Panel Discussion: Main-streaming Equality
- Breakout Lab Sessions
- Panel Discussion: Looking to the Future
- Closing Remarks from Culture Republic Director Julie Tait
The events of the day were webcast live and included simultaneous, live, BSL interpretation (the inset box) and Electronic Note Taking (ENT). All videos include these accessibility features.Elaine Livingstone for Culture Republic's Access All Areas conference (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0).